Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mom

A wish for my birthday, for the stupidest woman in the world. 


She was once the earliest riser, waking up early in the morning, so worn out and fatigue, with red colour pigment, coloring the boiled eggs with her trembling hands, those are the things I would receive in the morning, on the date of 24th April. She was, indeed, a very crossed and traditional woman.

This morning, my birthday eve, I have had to get the boiled eggs colored, preparing the same as a celebration of my birthday, getting older by 1 year. Yet, she was unable to witness my age or repeat the same for me this year.

Mom, do you know you are stupidest in the world, at the bottom of my heart?? 30 years ago, you had gone through so much of pain and misery, bestowing me a life. Do you know it? My day of birth is your day of disaster, your day of pain, your day of suffering. Quietly, for years, without a mumbly word, you had been showering your love to me. You had never asked for any repay in return....

Mom, do you know the folly you have done in my life makes me so hurt? You are so foolish! You had always been the one who conceded and surrendered in the dispute, sobbing bitterly and crying miserably yourself. You are the one, being so patient to me even you were insulted irrationally. Dad told me that you had been so worried about me even at your old age...this was you, giving and showering the unconditional love. Why didn't you love or care for yourself more? Or telling me what I could do for you to make you feel better?

I miss the days, seeing you, sitting on the chair, enjoying the Astro show. I miss the days, listening from you, "son, what do you like to eat tomorrow night?". I miss the days, which you used to ask "son, how's your exam?". Mom, I miss your voice, really I am.

When I was a baby, you didn't mind, cleaning my body, holding my little hands, boarding up the bus, crossing the roads, taking care of me when I was sick.

Mama, please let me take care of your afterlife. That's my birthday, you gave it to me, that's the appreciation and gratitude I can do for you..love you, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment